17 January 2006

Today has been an absolute nightmare.

I woke up yesterday after a nightmare involving some gang-type person chasing me down the 'main drag' street in town (you know where it is, no need to be so specific *paranoid internet*). This person would run along side me, then disappear in the bushes, then show up again. Eventually he jumped off a hill down onto the sidewalk and tried to attack me. For some reason, I knew he was New Orleans rifraff that had moved up here. He said he'd cut my throat. When he bore down on the knife blade and i felt it tearing into the flesh on my neck, I somehow pulled a Chuck Norris move, and gutted the guy with a bowie knife I somehow conveniently was carrying in my hand. (damn dreams)

A policeman stopped, and I begged him for a ride to a gas station up the street so I could at least walk home in a part of town that's not bad, and he mumbles in a hick accent something about it being against police department protocols and SOP's, and drives off. The fact that a dead miscreant lying on the ground with his entrails everywhere never came up into the conversation somehow. Yep, that's our police department, alright.

Anyway. I woke up from this dream with an incredible urge to go to the bathroom, and while up and stirring about, I felt a contact was acting up on me, so I squirted some drops in it. The box says it's for those days when your contacts are foggy, itchy and you can't see clearly. Well, I woke up Monday morning and the crack of light peeking through the curtains felt white hot. I had tears coming down my face, and my iris/pupil had a red halo ring around it. Converging on this halo were all the veins in my eye. I looked truly demonic. I layed in bed with a pillow over that eye, and later on when I was in the bath i had to put a towel over it. I don't know what the hecks' going on, but at one point I dove out of the tub and peeled my contacts out. I've been putting antibiotic drops in that eye, and I don't appear demonic now, just slightly stoned. Anyone want to pay for Lasik surgery? I'm a more-than-willing candidate.

==========

Today at work, there have been 'latencies in the network services'. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of this INGSOC DOUBLEBADNEWSPEAK CRAPPINESS. 'Latencies' basically mean that the network is yo-yoing like a haemorhoid, on and off on and off. It's horrible. Nothing is being productive and the phone won't stop ringing. People don't seem to understand that it's out of one's hands. Darn providers...


Nothing else has been interesting . *sigh*

Boring me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ew, what a horrible nightmare. That just set the tone for the day. Hope today is better. Maybe some dancing coronas will appear into your office and slice up limes into obscene but funny shapes to mariachi music. Yeh, that would make me happy.

gnif said...

tell that people at your office that the reason their computers are down is because they don't love jesus enough.

ElChulo said...

Oh my God em that'd make me dance to polka music.

I need beer and Alf reruns.