21 January 2006

Are these just not the two most ADORABLE children you've ever seen in your life? they posed especially for this update. I hope you enjoy their delicate "I'm English and it's c. 1960" smiles.

I am currently babysitting monsters. The three smallest, and the oldest one. My daughter is sicker than a sick dog and is in bed watching Bob Ross paint 'happy trees'. Excellent comment of today: "Don't be afraid of that titanium white. There are no mistakes here, only happy accidents." It was awesome. I LOVE HIM. I always feel like I could paint an impressionistic masterpiece when i watch him, but always realise my artistic shortcomings, usually as I hurl my sketchbooks out the window.

I used to be talented. I used to be able to draw, to paint, to write. But it's slipped away. Sometimes I ask myself did I actually have a talent. My best friend tells me life has ground me down, and I have no time to pursue creative, um, pursuits (I love how he put it).

I'm going to go play HalfLife 2 now and shoot at things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE

gnif said...

i don't want to ever see you talk about not being talented again. you just need to write again.