06 January 2006

I am posting from...*gasp*...work.

Trade secret how I got here though. ;)

----

I think it's wonderful when we're obligated to give new, high-end computers to people who can't even turn them on. I mean, I know I'm it's my job to help them, being in tech-support and all, but I have a serious problem when someone in this modern age of computing can't figure out which button is the power button. When I am on the phone with you, and trying to coach you on how to reboot the computer, but somehow you turn the 'turning the computer on' phase into a 2 minute ordeal, there is a serious problem.

There is also a problem if you cannot create an icon on your desktop for a shortcut. I realize that the former Worldcom HQ up the road had elves that were paid $70k a year to run upstairs and make it for Bernie Ebbers and the rest of those morons. However, that is why they are now in prison and the elves are now jobless and/or working with me here for a third of what they made before.

It's also fun how someone can try to enforce a dress code on you to wear khakis, and yet the person who is 'employee of the quarter' at last count had 30 piercings, including brow bars, nose rings, tongue bars, multiple earrings, and tattoos all over their visible skin. And a pentagram necklace. I wore a beanie, bead necklaces, allstars, and a leather studded wristband today. They can deal. If not, the pc will stay broke while I get in my car and leave.

Also, if I hear any more retarded regurgitation of crap that morons like Sean Hannity et al constantly squawk on radio, I'll die. I mean seriously. My head will explode, and I'll die. And it's not just the 'right' people. It's the 'left' ones in my trailer. They're ALL obnoxious. JEEZ. LAY OFF ALREADY.

This is why I've switched over to Sirius satellite radio. There's nothing like it. Try it.


===============

Edit: I forgot to add this.

You know, people stay on Oasis about changing. Some people just stay on Oasis, period. 'Not fond of them', and other wordy, altisonante terms. But still. This next-to-last cd that came out proves my point. There's the typical 'wall of sound', strings, guitars...and then there's just...

Noel.

Noel, playing on that acoustic guitar, by himself, playing Noel things that are obviously from Noel's mind. It's classic Oasis. I live for those brief, 30 second ditties where he's picking something that sounds so...real. So sincere. So heart-rending. And you hear it over, and over, and over and it NEVER gets old. (Case in point: 'Don't go away', the very end...)
====================

Oh yeah.

I HEARD SOMEONE SAY 'CRESTFALLEN' ON THE RADIO THE OTHER DAY! MY EXISTENCE IS VALIDATED!


(Those that need to know what the hell I'm talking about in that last statement already know. It's an inside-type thing.)

No comments: