04 January 2006

How do you console someone who's lost the only parent they have? A single mom at that, raising three kids in the projects with no help from no one.

There's this kid I know, named Marco. I've known him since he was 2. I used to carry his squirmy little @$$ around when he was little. He has an older sister named Koeisha and a smaller sister named Charne'. (Dad's hard of hearing and incidentally thought Koeisha's name was 'cohesion' for the longest. Thought a dude I know named Eyner [pronounced EEY-ner] was named 'anus' for months)

Marco came home from high school today. Makes me feel old knowing he's that old now. But he came home to find his mom dead. How the hell do you comfort someone in that situation? I know how, it's a rhetorical question for those of you who are coming at me from the inner-circle we share. But I mean...dang.

I wish ya'll would buy some of my necklaces. I'm doing beadwork now. I could use the cash!

Watched Napoleon Dynamite today, which was interrupted by the bad news barrages of phone calls.

Oh yeah, and a cousin of mine beat his stepfather within an inch of his life tonight. Just came up while old dude was watchin Wheel of Fortune and wailed on him with a club.

When I got my medicine tonight at the pharmacy I saw the stepdad in their car. He looks, well, like a train ran over him. He's gonna have to have his face rebuilt and his hand reconstructed from where he tried to block the blows. He's gonna press charges and hopes that my cousin will get a boyfriend in jail.

I...i think he deserves it, but dang. Dang, double dang.

Cough med is kicking in and I'm all dreamy now. My coughing has subsided (kudos iblis) and maybe I'll rest tonight.

Remember those kids tonight in your prayers. They're gonna need all the help they can get. It's like a modern day urban version of The Boxcar Children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope he gets some help. There is obviously something wrong with him mentally. Probably all the drugs.

Poor Marco :-(