24 January 2006

I learned something today.

'Flu' doesn't necessarily mean 'puking your guts out', or 'the runs'. Flu means a dry, hacking cough that no medicine calms. It's been several years since I had it and I would love to choke whoever brought this on my family. Non handwashing chimps...

I also learned that this wonderfully trendy drug Tamiflu is expensive. I mean really expensive. Try $100 if you don't have insurance. That's 10 bucks a pill, $20 a day. It was $70 WITH insurance. The remainder of the eight of us were put on it today and I watched in awe and grief as the debit card ran through the machine at the pharmacy...once for $120, once for $170. Can you imagine if we all get the Bird-flu AIDS? Roche will make themselves even richer.

Buttmasters.

Jeez.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sorry. Hope you all feel better soon and dont pass it on.