08 January 2006

Know what I hate? I hate when your granma has more than one grandkid in town, yet you are the one who is responsible for doing everything. I mean everything for her. That's what my case is...

Not that I mind helping her, mind you. I love doing any and everything I can for her...hell, I mean she raised me when I was an infant and dad was wild and out of touch with humanity. It's the least I can do for her. But my God, when I've given up my afternoon to go by the granny #1 a TV, not found one in my town and driven 30 minutes down the road, lugged it back, and have half-broken my back removing the old one, I don't want to hear excuses. "We've just sat down to dinner. Can't it wait until tomorrow?" Yeah, right bubba. I gave up my day willingly. All I wanted was someone to help me unload the new tv and carry it LITERALLY 10 FEET into the living room. Oh well, peoples' true colours shine when you need them.

"That's fine, no problem," I told him. Sure, no problem in the friggin' world.

I found a friend of mine to help me out. He wouldn't even take a coke or $10 I tried to offer him. (Thanks Raul! Not that you read this...)

It just never ceases to amaze though, seriously.


===============================

Weekend was unmentionable. Nothing nice. Only about 30 hours of sleep combined. Allergies to codeine cause all-night itching, all-night itching causes all-night scratching and not sleeping, which causes magazines to be read, bead necklaces to be strung, Massive Attack to be listened to, and video games to be played. All's fine at first, then the next day the F-up Fairy arrives to tell you how much you've, well, F'ed up.

I want a beer. Gonna find one maybe. Hopefully.

No comments: