11 July 2006

Now playing: "Online" - Gnarls Barkley and random Soda Stereo songs.

==================================

Well friends, the time is coming soon. Time to pack a van, get letters notarized, and spend a good $500 on gasoline. Yes, it's time to go to Matamoros.

We have stocked up on clothes, household stuff, and about 4,000 packets of Splenda and Equal (for the diabetic suegra), not to mention enough coffee and filters to caffeinate a small village. So it's time to make a Mexico run to drop that off, and bring back gangloads of Jimador and Victoria beer and, of course, antibioticos to avoid the doctor's office.

Example: You're sick and you know it's an infection.
$60 for a doctor's consultation
$40-100 for medicine, namely, antibiotics and some other crap.

By contrast,
One (1) complete round of antibiotics at Walmart in Matamoros: $2-10 depending on what you get, with no prescription.
Yeah, for real though. That's what I say too.

I am at work again for the first time after a week off. Today has been a rough day, lots of catching up to do, etc etc. It's not so bad, seeing as I only have to work today through next Thursday, then I am leaving the country.

Say it: leaving the country. Fun, huh?

Maybe more cows on the beach at night? More gun shots? Wrecks? Army? Police? I am rubbing my hands together in expectation of whatever adventure I get into this time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave me your keys so I can come into your house and play with your stuff.

C'est la vie!! said...

Just remember when the soilders tell you "Denos algo para los chescos--Give us something for the sodas" it means they want money and not straws....remember they got big guns...jk have a great time... I wish I was going too :-P

ElChulo said...

Danos pa'los refrescos guey is what I usually here.

Pero esta' bien, en esta epoca de la democracia les mento la madre. (yeah right) heehhe

C'est la vie!! said...

LOL...only behind their backs...and if they comment on how nice your vehicle is...BE VERY VERY SCARED!!!!

BTW, muy bueno tu espan~ol