05 July 2006

I was thinking today about how my intellect has managed to go down the tubes. I used to be bright, intelligent, and above all creative. Somehow, with the passage of time I have noticed that all of these qualities have diminished to a level that is barely perceived.

Could it be a part of getting older? Perhaps due to the fact that I work with complete ninny dodo's at work (save maybe 2 or 3 other smart individuals)? Or, could it quite likely be that when a brain is programmed into survival mode that it has no other time or resources for pleasurable pursuits of an intellectual nature?

I dunno.

I'm staying awake at 3:20 AM thinking about it though.

1 comment:

The Whyzeman said...

No one can rob you of your intellect short of a stroke, meningitis, or a serious blow to the cranium. I feel in survival mode, the intellect is at its greatest strengths because it will do whatever it has to do to preserve the mentality of its host.

I don't mean to go into a rant here, but when you have 2,000 dollars, you manage to spend 2,000 dollars and wonder where would you be without it. But, when you have 200 dollars, you manage to survive and practically live frugally. That's the intellect kicking into survial mode. I never thought I could stretch 20 dollars over 2 weeks for breakfast and lunch, but I did.

To be honest with you, I read a book (I can't remember the name of it right now) but it dealt with the subliminal thought process and how to master it. Couple that with a few holy scriptures and the control of will power and you'll realize where your real intellect resides and when it decides to work for you.