30 June 2006

Today wasn't good at all. Apart from Stinkyfartlady's constant hounding and following me, I had to put up with a 3PM lunch.

I go to Quizno's and successfully avoid a side trip to the liquor store for small individual bottles of Jaeger to go with my sub, and get back to the office. As I close the door to eat, my other office neighbour, Walker Texas Ranger comes in. Now, Walker is a thin, wiry old man with a Texas Ranger belt buckle. He has a crew cut and smokes Marlboro reds, and nonstop coughs like he does too. He always wears aviator shades and talks in this hoarse Hank Hill voice. He came in with his boots on, talks, leaves, comes back, talks more, leaves *thankfully*, loops right back around and comes in and keeps going, and goes on more and more and somehow gets on the subject of interracial marriage and how it upsets him so bad and how he is against it. I endure this with my lunch in hand for maybe 5 minutes, and finally he leaves. But then, he comes back and realizes he's messed up in my eyes, and starts these justifications about how it's not wrong, he just doesn't like it personally and he actually likes Mexicans more than white peopple blah blah blah *insert the standard "I have a LOT of (____insert minority colour____) friends!" cop-out*

He came in after that. Let me get on a tangent and say that this person is quite annoying because he'll talk for a few minutes, lean on your cubicle partition and blow I'm-a-short-crewcutted-moron-who-just-smoked-and-smell-my-"I'm in flavor country, biotch"-breath-while-I-act-like-a-retard then turn around and leave, only to keep talking outside your doorway and make a loop back in. Kind of like the old hags that walk in the mall but a lot closer to you and a hell of a lot more annoying. He comes back in and apologizes if "I was offended, but he just figures if he has it on his mind it's better to speak it." How this came up in conversation I don't even recall because I turned my ears off as soon as I heard his voice coming into my office. He said he loves Mexicans (In case any of my minority friends haven't dealt with hispanics before or the similar but at the same time different stereotypes they face, calling all hispanics Mexican is the same as the equally retarded "ya'll all look alike" gag) and don't understand why people in Texas would rather have their daughter "Marry a colored man instead of a Mexican."

Take in mind I am trying to eat my lunch as he's doing this, and I am surrounded by photos of my family and Mexico. He rubs his arm and says he may be darker than my wife "cos I ain't never seen yore wife", I said "Turn around and look at the entire wall behind you, moron." I then said "Oh, close the door when you leave. Thanks."

Classy.

No comments: