16 August 2006

Today, I committed a faux pas of epic proportions.

Despite my best efforts to be silent and 'hidden', I had a random saleswoman come in my office with no warning and start proffering crap on me. It wasn't normal "My midget goat boy child in Chad has AIDS and needs your help so buy this pencil" type soliciting. This woman had "AS SEEN ON TV" type items. Wireless battery-powered alarms. "Sassy Scissors". And God knows what else...I was too horrified to properly pay attention. The first thing I thought was "How did she get past the sleeping lummox at the gate?" She was just making totally random ninja visits to the offices. Fortunately, I had no cash or checkbook, so I told her to come back next week, something I am actually rather sincere about. Some of the crap looked, well, appealing.

I send her on her way and immediately dive for the MSN window to a coworker, warning her "of the lady selling alarm crap"...

Well, my coworker didn't minimize the window, and guess who got hit next. Yep, you got it.

And guess who read the comment.

Yep, you got it.

And guess who had a short, angry saleswoman in his office all defensive about her products being called 'crap'.

Guilty as charged.

Sigh...

========================

I also did a very bad thing, papa Smurf.


I got it out of lay away with all the accessories.

=========================

You know, I'd really love to know why I seem to have a fan base (or group of haters) in the Hammond Louisiana area. You guys are hitting my page more than the home town people. I'd love to hear from you...drop a comment.

2 comments:

C'est la vie!! said...

hehehehe....ur so bad :P

gnif said...

at least you didn't call her a bitch.